Wednesday 1 April 2009

An image


I wasn't that interested in the outfit when I first looked at this picture from an Anthropologie catalogue, but the more I looked at it the more enthralled I was. I like the demureness of the soft rose tights under the staid brown of the trench and the shoes. The delicate straps on the shoes, the profusion of buttons on the coat, the contrast between the creases in the pushed-up sleeves and the neatly folded scarf. But most of all, the colours. A subdued greyish-blue, rose pink and I'm-not-sure-what-to-call-it brown. It's just so pretty and thoughtful and gentle, something you'd wear on a grey day when you weren't feeling too chirpy but you weren't too down either -- just tranquil and in a mood where everything is beautiful.

I don't have tights which are that precise shade or a skirted trenchcoat of any hue, but one could mock up the scarf with a pair of knitting needles and some patience, if one so desired:


Ribbed mini-scarf by Celeste Glassel

Anthro-inspired scarflet by Kim Seio (on Ravelry)

And looking at that picture, one thinks one might be inspired!

- Zen

No comments: